“Living and Sharing the Gospel”
Grace Communion International is committed to living and sharing the good news of what God has done through Jesus Christ.
The church seeks to fulfil this mission by:
- Building healthy, Christ-centred congregations that are sanctuaries of worship, friendship, and nurturing pastoral care.
- Providing sound biblical teaching through congregations, media, and personal outreach in relevant, meaningful forms for people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Expressing the love of God to all through the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
- Equipping people for Christian service so that the gospel can be known, understood, and experienced.
- Sharing in the work of the gospel with the broader Christian community, acknowledging that we can learn from one another and that Christ’s love goes beyond denominational boundaries.
Summary of Our Christian Faith
- There is one God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father made all things through the Son, sent the Son for our salvation, and gives us the Holy Spirit.
- The Son of God, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, was born of the Virgin Mary, fully God and fully human, and is the perfect revelation of the Father and the perfect representative of humanity. He suffered and died on the cross for all human sin, was raised bodily on the third day, and ascended to heaven. Standing in for all humanity before the Father, Jesus Christ provides the perfect human response to God. Since he died for all, all died in him, and all will be made alive in him.
- The Holy Spirit brings sinners to repentance and faith, assures believers of their forgiveness and acceptance as God’s dearly loved children, and works in them to conform them to the image of Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God that testifies to Jesus Christ. The Bible is fully authoritative for all matters of faith and salvation.
- Salvation comes only by God’s grace and not by works, and it is experienced through faith in Jesus Christ. Christians respond to the joy of salvation when they gather in regular fellowship and live godly lives in Jesus Christ.
- We look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the age to come.
Reflecting the above mission, our key goals may be summarized as:
To Build The Church
(Ephesians 4:1-16; Matthew 28:19-20)
- Through discipleship and spiritual formation
- Through the equipping of the saints for ministry
To Grow The Church
(Matthew 28:18-20, Luke 24:46-47)
- By preaching the gospel
- By making disciples