"Those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again" (2 Corinthians 5:15).
Grace Communion International is an international evangelical Christian denomination, through Spirit-led, life-giving relationships, our 30,000 members in about 550 churches spread across 70 countries seek to multiply mature followers of Jesus throughout the world. We pursue this disciple-making mission grounded in the identity, beliefs and values described below.
Summary of Our Christian Faith
- There is one God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father made all things through the Son, sent the Son for our salvation, and gives us the Holy Spirit.
- The Son of God, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, was born of the Virgin Mary, fully God and fully human, and is the perfect revelation of the Father and the perfect representative of humanity. He suffered and died on the cross for all human sin, was raised bodily on the third day, and ascended to heaven. Standing in for all humanity before the Father, Jesus Christ provides the perfect human response to God. Since he died for all, all died in him, and all will be made alive in him.
- The Holy Spirit brings sinners to repentance and faith, assures believers of their forgiveness and acceptance as God’s dearly loved children, and works in them to conform them to the image of Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God that testifies to Jesus Christ. The Bible is fully authoritative for all matters of faith and salvation.
- Salvation comes only by God’s grace and not by works, and it is experienced through faith in Jesus Christ. Christians respond to the joy of salvation when they gather in regular fellowship and live godly lives in Jesus Christ.
- We look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the age to come.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and love your neighbour as yourself.”
This statement of values clarifies the attitudes and approaches that will be encouraged in all aspects of life and ministry in Grace Communion International. We seek to do all for the edification of the Body and to the glory of God.
- We value a personal and denominational commitment to Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior, friend, and head of the church. Full devotion to Jesus Christ, resulting in authentic Christian living and a desire for growth and learning, is the result of discipleship.
- We value the Word of God as the inspired foundation of Christian faith and practice.
- We value the continual leading and transformation of the Holy Spirit, realising that spiritual growth and sanctification involve repentance and change, and the healthy exercise of spiritual disciplines.
- We value prayer, both individual and corporate, as a determining characteristic of the life of the fellowship.
- We value grace as the basis of our theology and hence our practice, emphasising Christian liberty and responsibility.
- We value the importance of biblically based teaching and worship in the life of the believer and the fellowship.
- We value godly servant leadership that equips people to find and use their spiritual gifting. We are committed to a team model of ministry that empowers every member to minister as a part of the priesthood of believers.
- We value responsible stewardship of spiritual gifts, time, skills, abilities, money and resources.
- We value the role of small groups in nurturing spiritual growth.
- We value loving, caring, grace-oriented relationships in the life of the fellowship.
- We value the sanctity and importance of the family.
- We value unity in our fellowship, and within the broader Body of Christ, celebrating and embracing differences in age, gender, race, culture and personality.
- We value excellence – the best use of the available resources – believing that it honors God and inspires people.
- We value and encourage the highest standards of ethical behaviour in our collective and interpersonal conduct, including integrity, morality, respect, justice, accountability, commitment and loyalty.
- We value openness to growth, both qualitative and quantitative.
- We value love for all humanity, expressed in outreach and evangelism. The church exists to accomplish the goal of proclaiming the gospel